Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

What ? HM ? Seriously ?

   Till recently, I had the usual course of following the herd, preparing for admission to engineering. Then it struck me, "What would I gain from this ?", "Why am I doing this exactly ?". "Because you're worth it". (No, wait. That was Aishwarya Rai Bachchan endorsing some shampoo. Maybe I should switch off the television now.) So, I was thinking about restructuring my priorities. Then, Voila ! How about Hospitality Management ? (I know what you are thinking...). It struck a chord with my insane mind. So that's it. No more slogging for admission to a warehouse engineering college. Now I just had a herculean task at hand. Yes, 'Explaining'. My parents understand me......well, almost. But the logic had to be explained to friends now.

   So, a lot of expletive-laden discussion ensued. With friends, of course. The dialogue went somewhat like this(expletives have been censored out):

Friends : Why are you doing this ?
Me       : I don't know. I just don't want to go down the same path everybody else goes.
Friends : And........ ?
Me       : Alright, I don't like studying science and mathematics. Happy ?
Friends : Knew that(laughing hysterically)...
Me       : Listen bro, consider you pursuing self-torture engineering while I go my way. Four years down the  lane, you will be working your ass off in your final year(and I am not even considering backlog of subjects i.e KTs), while I will have already obtained a bachelors degree with a work experience of an year(well, probably). But the thing of prime importance shall be that I'll be a satisfied person(well, probably). Plus there is too much unnecessary competition and its not my area of interest. And why not try to be someone different ? In fact, I'd like to quote some words from a Linkin Park number:

"Forfeit the game
Before somebody else
Takes you out of the frame
And puts your name to shame
Cover up your face
You can't run the race
The pace is too fast
You just won't last"

You get that ? Huh ?

Friends :                  


 Some other friends:
 (For representation purposes only. No wine or any other beverage was involved.)


Me       :                   


   So that was the end of doubts and questions. People understood my point(well, probably). Now all I had to do was study(oh f**k !) to go ahead. The path is clear. Now, I can just that hope my choices shall prove fruitful. Well, perhaps...

2 comments:

  1. wasted your parents money.................................by goin in sci stream.and in SP classes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Opting for the science-stream wasn't a waste, it opened up a plethora of options for the future ahead. Nor was joining SP. How else would I have met you guys ? :)

      Delete